ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE- DELICIOUS HOMEMADE RECIPE
This moist and delicious cake tastes just like an Orange Dreamsicle! Moist orange cake layers with orange cream filling and orange cream cheese frosting!
FOR THE CAKE:
- Orange Coloring Gel (optional) We used a small amount to tint some reserved orange cream cheese frosting so that we could apply it to the cake here and there for a swirled effect.
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 T) (169g) unsalted butter....Cut into 1/2 inch slices onto waxed paper to soften slightly (still very cool to the touch. If it becomes too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes. Do not soften in microwave
- 2 1/2 cups (285g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon (12g) baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (10g) orange extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (190g) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup (121g) milk
FOR THE ORANGE CREAM FILLING:
- 1 tsp. (4g) Orange Extract (we used McCormick)
- 1 small box instant Vanilla pudding (3.9 oz/96g) We used Jello- Brand
- 2 c. (464g) heavy cream or whipping cream.
FOR THE ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups (690g to 747g) powdered sugar
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (total weight 452g) I use full fat cream cheese. Using reduced fat or the spreadable cream cheese will cause the frosting to be too soft. Do not soften the cream cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2g) optional - it will cut the sweetness, popcorn salt is best to use because it is fine and dissolves faster
- 2 sticks (1 cup) (226 g) unsalted butter, let it sit out until slightly softened.
- Orange Coloring Gel (optional) We used a very small amount for tinting.
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) clear vanilla extract (we used clear to keep color lighter)
- 1 teaspoon (4g) orange extract
Source : mycakeschool.com