S'mores Ice Cream Cake
Celebrate summertime with a S'mores Ice Cream Cake! An ice cream cake worthy of your time to make and share with your friends and family. Cool and Creamy.
- 2 cups Graham Crackers, crushed from 2 sleeves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, frozen
- 1 container (1.5 qt) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate bar pieces, optional
- Graham Cracker crumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Crush graham crackers and add to medium bowl
- Add melted butter and combine well
- Firmly pat graham cracker mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool completely
- In a large microwavable safe bowl, add the chocolate and whipped topping
- Heat in microwave 1-2 minutes, stopping to stir after 30 each second, heat until almost completely melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes until slightly cooled.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of graham cracker crust
- Break graham crackers into rectangles, stand up around edge of pan top-side facing out. Press gently into chocolate mixture.
- Freeze 20 minutes or until filling is firm
- Add softened chocolate ice cream to pan, spreading evenly
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight, until completely firm
- Right before serving, heat marshmallow creme in microwave for 30 seconds, stir until smooth, pour over ice cream and spread evenly
- Top with mini marshmallows.
- To toast marshmallows use a kitchen torch or place until broiler for 1 minute - watch very carefully
- Add chocolate bar pieces and crushed graham crackers to garnish, if desired
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in freezer
This cake is easiest to cut on a cutting board with a sharp knife dipped in very hot water.
Source : pintsizedbaker.com